Thursday, December 3, 2009

A time to be together.

You know what's on my mind today. Us, we, women. I'm noticing that everything I pick up is a message to help us be more, be better, feel better. I'm noticing that our generation of women are really struggling. Struggling with their children, struggling with their day to day lives, struggling to find friends, struggling to fit in, struggling to be with they're 'supposed' to be.






O where are our mentors, our older women, to lead us and guide us. It seems the world thinks it has all the answers for us. But I don't think this is true. I think, because of the way our society has expanded, we've lost all that matters. We've let the hearts of greed and lust steal our very beings. We've lost our places.

I wonder for a moment of the movement that changed the way we women viewed ourselves and our lives, the ones God called us to live originally. It told us we weren't happy, we had to go out to find fulfilment, to out to find ourselves. Where are we now. Still looking. But in the meantime, we've lost the real structure of our society. We have no one to teach us how to care for our homes, our children, our husbands, and ourselves. We can't find a balance because now there is none.

God knew this would happen. He will meet our needs. I so desire to be a mentor for our younger women, even though I can in no way think I am equipped. I think we need to reach out to our neighbours, just as women did years ago. Maybe invite them over, remember those afternoon tea chats. A time to share, help each other, lift each other up. A time just to be with one another again. Become friends, become a community again. Become women who care for one another again.

No comments: