Sunday, March 7, 2010

Recycling Projects - 52 Projects #3




52_proj_badge_v2



Here I am...and here is my little accomplishment...for today. I bet you were probably thinking I'd flaked out on you. Well....I've been busy...and I have been doing lots of little projects and such, but I am having a little problem with this being on the same day as Sundays in the City, which I've been posting on and enjoy very much.

So I have just had to get a few things in order and work out how to get it posted, maybe midweek on my draft so i can just post it on Sunday. anyways...

Here are 2 little things I did with the kids helping...we go thru so many paper towels here, and being a couponer I usually get them pretty cheap...but since my last child, I haven't seemed to yet get everything to fit on the schedule, so the coupons are uncut and I don't read the sales. So I decided with some of our towels and tshirts that are wearing thin to reuse them...and they get thrown in with wash at the end of the week.



Then, this box came back from Costco and I saw the immediate potential to make a new file holder. My old ones are from Ikea and I've been needing just one more to fit all the coupons I get each week. So I got out the glue...and mod podge and covered it with expired coupons (ok i did this purely so I knew what was in there) and voila. Not a bad substitue. Now I just need to learn how to take decent indoor closeups....another thing for my list.

6 comments:

Arianna (Erika) said...

I think these are just awesome ideas, as a mom myself keeping organize and finding time with work and family is hard. I think there is no small project, there are all good :)Great job!

Jane said...

Great project! I need some ideas like this for organizing our house. I always have tons of papers and piles of things all over the house. I'm going to add this to my list! Thanks for your comment. I think that thrift stores would be a wonderful place to pick up old dishes and cups. Once you have the pens, the rest is easy!

Kiki said...

You Rock Shelle!..you are so fab..rock on!
Kiki~

MrB said...

Great idea! I used to cover school books with the funny pages.

onasilentsea said...

great idea!

K A B L O O E Y said...

GReat idea, Shelle. And if you could carry the thing you're trying to shoot over to a window, you could take a better shot. You just need more light in there.