Sunday, August 8, 2010

Getting Back to Regular Schedule....and Sundays in My City

Unknown Mami



So good to get back to my Blogger! My connection seems to have stabilized, I have been online consistently for almost a week yah! Also, I don't know how many of you use Blogger Draft...but they changed their program at bit. To post images at first a box came up with every image on your Picasa Account. Well that was a lot of images, and with a slow connection nothing was loading. Now they've reigned that problem in for us slow connecters and I can once again just upload one photo from my computer.

I've spent some time on my photo blogs these past weeks and have just started The August Break and am uploading to Flickr. I like it over there because I don't have to wait for pages to load...but I've missed visiting all your wonderful blogs. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up this week!




Today my photo was taken at Jones Beach, actually 2 days ago...but we'll be going this afternoon. The price is $16 to go to the beach here...but a season pass is just $65...so it's quite reasonable. One of the many things, mind you...being a large family, the cost of an outing usually starts around $70, that's just for the admissions. The last trip to the museum which was about 3 years ago, we went with some other friends and their 5 children and the entrance alone for all of us was $270. That was without drinks and food, gas into the city, parking cost etc.

My nephews and Sister In Law visited us from Georgia last week and with this very hot weather we're having, we spent most of the time at the beach. Here's a typical picture of the crew...seriously I had to bribe my life away to get these guys to do this...but it took so long, the sun had almost set...and we missed one, lol.




I posted lots of beach pics on my 365 blog this week. Well, I thought I was going to up load photos...but now I'm getting an icon saying server rejected?????what the ?????Blogger! Oh well, if you want to check out photos.,...yo'll have to head on over to WORDPRESS hahum...and check them out!

10 comments:

BLOGitse said...

That's why I moved to WP! Blogger had too often too many problems...
Happy SIMC from Casablanca!

mimbles said...

I embed my Flickr photos in my blogger posts, bypasses all the problems :-)

mimbles said...

Hang on a minute, you have to pay to go to the beach?! :-(

Claudya Martinez said...

It is expensive for large families to go to events. Sometimes it's cheaper to just buy memberships than pay the one time admission.

I'm sorry about your picture upload issues.

Ashley Sisk said...

Wow - it is quite expensive to do a family outting. Great picture - that first one is really incredible.

Traci said...

Visiting from Sundays in My City. I so miss Jones Beach and love the pic, as well as the one of the family!

Have a great week!
:-)
Traci

nadine paduart said...

what a family! and ooohh, i like the contra light in picture one, makes it all so stylized.

Rosie @ Centre of Interest said...

wow thats not cheap Shelle for a day out - loved seeing pics of "the clan"

Joanna Jenkins said...

Sorry about the blogger issues :-(
The colors in your fist photo are amazing.
It costs $12 per car to park at the beaches in Los Angeles-- which I'm pretty sure is up from $8 last summer. I wish we had annual pass options!
Happy SIMC,
jj

Melani said...

Yes, it can get expensive when you have a large family. We are 6 total and we bought annual passes for Universal Studios this year, 365.00 for 5 of us and the baby is free. We have gone about 6 or 7 times and parking is 14.00 each time and then I make our lunches and take it in with us. We are a mostly vegetarian family and they have NOTHING for us to eat, except really greasy pizza and that just about makes my husband sick...so we bring our own food!